For Your Senior Photos
You are finally a senior! Yay!! This is the last year of high school before you start your college life and you want to make the most of your senior year! Documenting this time in your life is very important not only so you can remember it but so you can have photos that tell the story of you…who you are at this moment!
The best way to do that is to book a senior photo session!! So how do you do that? Here are a few tips on finding the right senior photographer for you and booking a session.
Ask Your Friends
Talking to your friends or even past seniors and asking them about their senior photographer can give you some insight into who they used, what they liked and more. Look at your friends photos and see if the style is right for you…do you like the poses, the locations, the editing? Seeing your friends final photos is a good way to tell if it is something you are looking for.
Check Out The Photographer’s Website
Make sure they are on the web with a professional website that has information that will help you decide if they are the right photographer for you. You don’t want to just hire someone that may have a good camera. You want to hire someone who is clearly a professional, has useful information available and has an up-to-date website. Take the time to look through the site and see if you can get a feel for the photographer and their work. Make sure they have contact information available and make sure their location is clearly stated on the website so you know they are in your area.
Are They Social?
Is the photographer on social media? Are they updating their social media often? Do they post the same photos over and over or are they constantly posting fresh new stuff? I once had a senior client tell me that she was deciding between me and another photographer. The reason she chose me was that she looked at my Instagram and saw that I was posting consistently, she could get to know me through my Instagram and she could tell that I was professional and popular because I always had new clients to post. The other photographer hardly ever posted and posted the same client over and over. To my client, this made it seem like the other person was not a good fit for her. So check out their social media and see if you can get to know the person, their work and what they offer to make sure it is a good fit for you.
Decide What Type of Experience You Want
Experience is a huge part of a senior photo session. A photographer who takes the time to send you information, help you prep before your session, schedule hair and makeup for you, help you style your outfits for your session and pick the perfect locations for your session that fit your style is one who will give you the experience you deserve for your senior session. Be sure to ask what is included so you know how much you will have to do versus how much the photographer will take care of for you. Having someone help you throughout the entire process is key to having the best experience for your senior photos.
Senior sessions with LKP are an experience! I walk you through the entire process and make sure you have everything you need to be comfortable and confident in front of the camera! I want you to have fun and get the best photos possible!
If you think I am the right photographer for you, here are the steps to booking a session with LKP:
- Contact me HERE to let me know you are interested in a session.
- You will receive information about the available dates for sessions as well as a digital Welcome Magazine that will be packed with information so you can make the right decision for your senior photos. Information like session options, pricing, the process, hair and makeup and more will be included. Look this over with your parents and then…
- Let me know which session type you would like to book and which date works best for you from the available dates sent to you. The session fee is due at the time of booking to secure the date for your session.
- Once you are booked you will be sent a senior questionnaire that allows me to get to know you before your session and plan your session according to your unique personality and style. Simply fill it out online and hit submit and it will be sent directly back to me.
- Next look for a fun Welcome Packet in the mail that will have even more information regarding your senior session like a What to Wear Guide, checklist before your session and an appointment reminder card.
- Get ready for a fun day where you will be pampered with professional hair and makeup all while having fun, laughing and creating photos that tell your unique story!
Leslie is a senior portrait photographer in Greenville, South Carolina. Her goal is to capture every senior’s personality in their images, tell their story and make sure every senior has fun, feels beautiful and has an amazing experience during their senior photo session. Leslie is currently booking Class of 2020 senior portraits. To learn more about being an LKP Senior, click here.
How To Book A Session
October 15, 2019